20th Annual Thousand Oaks Police Charitable Foundation Golf Tournament is coming next Monday!
Don’t miss out on the 20th Annual Thousand Oaks Police Charitable Foundation Golf Tournament coming next Monday! Don’t know how to golf? No worries! We have some golf tips for all beginners, but if you still feel uncomfortable golfing, there are still ways you can participate in this great charitable event.
When: October 17th, 2016
Where: North Ranch Country Club, Westlake Village CA
Registration & Sponsorship information: Download the form here
Schedule of Events:
8:30 A.M. Your fun-filled day begins!
9:30 A.M. Long Drive Exhibition featuring Jeff “Far out Farley”, World’s Long Drive Champion
10:30 A.M. Shotgun Start – golf begins! Texas Scramble format
11:00 A.M. Lunch by Cisco’s Mexican Restaurants at the turn until 3:00 P.M.
4:00 P.M. Cocktail Hour, No-Host Bar
4:30 P.M. Helicopter Ball Drop with fabulous Grand Prize
5:00 P.M. Awards Dinner – Clubhouse Raffle • Silent Auction • Live Auction
Golf Tips for Beginners
- Create a Solid Stance: A stance needs to be wide, solid, stable, and balanced. It’s advised that you build your golf swing from the ground up.
- Perfect Your Grip: Practice holding the club even when you’re not playing golf. Take a club into the house and hold the club for about 30 seconds each day. You’ll become accustomed to your grip which will give you one less thing to think about.
- Start Your Down Swing With Your Hips: Nearly every down swing flaw is due to the swing starting in the upper body rather than following the hips.
How You Can Participate Without Golfing
- There will be a raffle with plenty of prizes!
- A tasty dinner for our guests.
- There will also be a live auction with great objects.
You can also contact the Thousand Oaks Police Charitable Foundation in Thousand Oaks, California to learn more about how you can participate in this fun packed day of golf!